Notable means worthy of comment. Noticeable means detectable.
NotableThe adjective notable means worthy of comment, worthy of distinction, celebrated, widely known, or esteemed. As a noun, it can mean a person of note.
- The award is for the volunteer who has made the most notable contribution to the development of netball at a local level.
- I would like to discuss some notable omissions from the text I gave you.
- Be respectful. He is a very notable fellow.
NoticeableThe adjective noticeable means detectable (i.e. sufficient to be noticed).
- The blue sheen in your hair is hardly noticeable.
- The difference in processing speed is very noticeable.
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?