Definition of Interjection (with Examples)Interjections are words used to express strong feeling or sudden emotion. They are included in a sentence, usually at the start, to express some type of emotion such as disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm.
Examples of InterjectionsHere are some examples of interjections:
- Oh, I did not expect that.
- Blast! How unlucky!
- Good, it is about time the rain stopped.
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .
More on interjections (including another test)
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?