What Does "I Could Eat a Horse" Mean?"I could eat a horse" is an English idiom. It means "extremely hungry."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "I could eat a horse" used in a sentence:
- I haven't eaten all day; I could eat a horse right now!
- He came home from the hike saying he could eat a horse.
- After the marathon, she felt like she could eat a horse.
A Quick TestYou now know what "I could eat a horse" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?