What Does "Nuremberg Defense" Mean?"Nuremberg defense" is an English idiom. It means "an excuse or defense used by individuals to justify their actions by claiming they were merely following orders."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "nuremberg defense" used in a sentence:
- The soldier's Nuremberg defense didn't hold up in court; he was held responsible for his actions during the war.
- She invoked the Nuremberg defense, saying she had no choice but to carry out the unethical orders from her superiors.
- Using the Nuremberg defense, he tried to shift the blame for the illegal operation onto his commanding officer.
A Quick TestYou now know what "nuremberg defense" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?