What Does "Sunday Driver" Mean?"Sunday driver" is an English idiom. It means "a person who drives slowly or without much skill, often causing frustration for others on the road."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "Sunday driver" used in a sentence:
- He's such a Sunday driver; he never exceeds the speed limit and takes forever to get anywhere.
- The traffic jam was caused by a group of Sunday drivers who couldn't navigate the highway effectively.
- As a Sunday driver, she prefers leisurely scenic routes over fast-paced highways.
A Quick TestYou now know what "Sunday driver" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?