What Does "All Mouth and No Trousers" Mean?"All mouth and no trousers" is an English idiom. It means "all talk and no action; someone who talks a lot but doesn't follow through."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "all mouth and no trousers" used in a sentence:
- He promised to finish the project in record time, but he's all mouth and no trousers.
- She talks big about her plans, but she's all mouth and no trousers.
- The committee is all mouth and no trousers – they've done nothing they promised.
A Quick TestYou now know what "all mouth and no trousers" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?