What Does "As Thick as Thieves" Mean?"As thick as thieves" is an English idiom. It means "very close or intimate; sharing secrets."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "as thick as thieves" used in a sentence:
- Those two have been as thick as thieves since kindergarten.
- The sisters are as thick as thieves, always whispering and giggling together.
- He and the manager are as thick as thieves; it's no wonder he got the promotion.
A Quick TestYou now know what "as thick as thieves" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?