What Does "Best Thing since Sliced Bread" Mean?"Best thing since sliced bread" is an English idiom. It means "a good invention or innovation; a good idea or plan."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "best thing since sliced bread" used in a sentence:
- He thinks his new car is the best thing since sliced bread.
- When e-readers first came out, many people thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.
- These smart home devices are being hailed as the best thing since sliced bread.
A Quick TestYou now know what "best thing since sliced bread" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?