What Does "Build a Better Mousetrap" Mean?"Build a better mousetrap" is an English idiom. It means "to create or invent a superior product."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "build a better mousetrap" used in a sentence:
- If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door.
- Companies are always trying to build a better mousetrap to outdo their competitors.
- The new software is their attempt to build a better mousetrap.
A Quick TestYou now know what "build a better mousetrap" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?