What Does "Catch Some Z's" Mean?"Catch some z's" is an English idiom. It means "to sleep or take a nap."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "catch some z's" used in a sentence:
- I'm exhausted; I need to catch some z's.
- He caught some z's during the flight.
- If you're tired, go catch some z's.
A Quick TestYou now know what "catch some z's" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?