What Does "Charity Mugger" Mean?"Charity mugger" is an English idiom. It means "a person, often a street fundraiser, who approaches strangers to solicit donations for a charity."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "charity mugger" used in a sentence:
- I got cornered by a charity mugger on my way to work.
- The city has seen an increase in charity muggers in recent years.
- I avoid that street because of the charity muggers.
A Quick TestYou now know what "charity mugger" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?