What Does "Chesterfield Rugby" Mean?"Chesterfield rugby" is a rare English idiom meaning to watch rugby from the comfort of a sofa.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "Chesterfield rugby" used in a sentence:
- He has a lot of opinions for a someone who has only ever played Chesterfield rugby.
- Well, you're good at Chesterfield rugby. What are you like on grass?
- They played a rough game of Chesterfield rugby, passing the ketchup with much rigour.
A Quick TestYou now know what "chesterfield rugby" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?