What Does "Circular File" Mean?"Circular file" is an English idiom. It is a humorous term for a trash can or wastebasket.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "circular file" used in a sentence:
- If you don't need those papers, just toss them in the circular file.
- Most of these applications end up in the circular file.
- I accidentally dropped your notes in the circular file. Sorry!
A Quick TestYou now know what "circular file" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?