What Does "Crocodile Tear" Mean?"Crocodile tear" is an English idiom. It means "fake or insincere tears; displaying fake sadness."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "crocodile tear" used in a sentence:
- He cried when he was caught stealing, but they were just crocodile tears.
- She's known to shed crocodile tears when things don't go her way.
- His apology seemed sincere until he started shedding crocodile tears.
A Quick TestYou now know what "crocodile tear" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?