What Does "Don't Give up Your Day Job" Mean?"Don't give up your day job" is an English idiom. It is a humorous way of telling someone that they aren't very good at something.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "don't give up your day job" used in a sentence:
- After hearing his attempt at singing, his friend said, 'Don't give up your day job!'
- He tried to tell a joke, but it was so bad that someone shouted, 'Don't give up your day job!'
- Your painting is... unique. Maybe don't give up your day job.
A Quick TestYou now know what "don't give up your day job" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?