What Does "Dummy Spit" Mean?"Dummy spit" is an English idiom. It means "an overreactive, childish tantrum."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "dummy spit" used in a sentence:
- He had a dummy spit when he didn't get what he wanted.
- She threw a dummy spit just because her cake didn't turn out perfect.
- I've never seen such a dummy spit over something so trivial.
A Quick TestYou now know what "dummy spit" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?