What Does "Farmer's Tan" Mean?"Farmer's tan" is an English idiom. It means "a sunburn or suntan only on the neck and lower arms, typically from wearing a t-shirt in the sun."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "farmer's tan" used in a sentence:
- After working outside all summer, he had a noticeable farmer's tan.
- She wore a dress to the wedding and her farmer's tan was clearly visible.
- I need to even out this farmer's tan before the beach trip.
A Quick TestYou now know what "farmer's tan" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?