What Does "Fat Chance" Mean?"Fat chance" is an English idiom. It is a way of saying that there is little or no chance of something happening.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "fat chance" used in a sentence:
- Fat chance of him lending you the money.
- You think I'm going to clean up after you? Fat chance!
- She expects a promotion soon, but I think there's a fat chance of that.
A Quick TestYou now know what "fat chance" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?