What Does "First Loser" Mean?"First loser" is an English idiom. It is a humorous or sarcastic way to refer to the person or team that finishes in second place.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "first loser" used in a sentence:
- He jokingly referred to the runner-up as the first loser.
- Second place is just the first loser in the eyes of some competitors.
- If you're not first, you're the first loser, as the saying goes.
A Quick TestYou now know what "first loser" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?