What Does "Five-finger Discount" Mean?"Five-finger discount" is an English idiom. It means "the act of shoplifting or stealing."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "five-finger discount" used in a sentence:
- I think he got those shoes with a five-finger discount.
- Shoplifting is often jokingly referred to as a 'five-finger discount'.
- She's known to use the five-finger discount at local stores.
A Quick TestYou now know what "five-finger discount" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?