What Does "From the Department of the Bleeding Obvious" Mean?"From the department of the bleeding obvious" is an English idiom, referring to a statement or observation that is clearly apparent or obvious. it's often used sarcastically.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "from the department of the bleeding obvious" used in a sentence:
- Thank you for that insight from the Department of the Bleeding Obvious.
- He just stated that rain is wet. Someone give that man a medal from the Department of the Bleeding Obvious.
- Oh, so you're saying if I eat less and exercise more, I'll lose weight? Thanks, Captain from the Department of the Bleeding Obvious!
A Quick TestYou now know what "from the department of the bleeding obvious" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?