What Does "Ghetto Lottery" Mean?"Ghetto lottery" is an English idiom. It is a slang term referring to the concept of expecting to receive financial compensation or benefits without working for them, often through lawsuits or settlements.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "ghetto lottery" used in a sentence:
- He criticized the mentality of playing the ghetto lottery and hoping for a quick payday.
- She believed that relying on the ghetto lottery mentality would not lead to long-term success.
- They emphasized the importance of hard work and self-reliance over the idea of winning the ghetto lottery.
A Quick TestYou now know what "ghetto lottery" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?