What Does "Go Bananas" Mean?"Go bananas" is an English idiom. It means "to become extremely excited, enthusiastic, or crazy."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "go bananas" used in a sentence:
- The crowd at the concert went bananas when their favourite band took the stage.
- She went bananas when she found out she had won a trip to her dream destination.
- They knew their kids would go bananas with joy when they revealed the surprise.
A Quick TestYou now know what "go bananas" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?