What Does "Have More Chins Than a Chinese Phone Book" Mean?"Have more chins than a chinese phone book" is an English idiom. It is a humorous and somewhat derogatory expression to describe someone who is overweight and has multiple folds or rolls of fat around their neck and chin area.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "have more chins than a chinese phone book" used in a sentence:
- He used to be a fit athlete, but now he has more chins than a Chinese phone book after years of indulgent eating.
- She jokingly remarked that if she didn't start exercising, she'd end up with more chins than a Chinese phone book.
- It's important to be sensitive when discussing weight, as comments about having more chins than a Chinese phone book can be hurtful.
A Quick TestYou now know what "have more chins than a chinese phone book" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?