What Does "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" Mean?"It's five o'clock somewhere" is an English idiom. It is used as a humorous justification for having an alcoholic drink before it's socially acceptable.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "it's five o'clock somewhere" used in a sentence:
- It might be early, but it's five o'clock somewhere!
- Why are you drinking at noon? Well, it's five o'clock somewhere.
- A mimosa for breakfast? Hey, it's five o'clock somewhere.
A Quick TestYou now know what "it's five o'clock somewhere" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?