What Does "Love Goggles" Mean?"Love goggles" is an English idiom. It is a humorous way to describe the phenomenon where someone in love sees their partner in an idealized way, overlooking faults.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "love goggles" used in a sentence:
- He can do no wrong in her eyes; she's definitely wearing love goggles.
- Sometimes, love goggles can prevent us from seeing the obvious red flags.
- I think his love goggles are too tight; she's clearly not right for him.
A Quick TestYou now know what "love goggles" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?