What Does "Magic Asterisk" Mean?"Magic asterisk" is an English idiom. It is a notation used to indicate that details will be provided later, especially in financial documents.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "magic asterisk" used in a sentence:
- The budget proposal had a magic asterisk next to some of the projected costs.
- Investors need to be wary of the magic asterisk in financial statements.
- It's easy to promise something with a magic asterisk, but eventually, specifics have to be provided.
A Quick TestYou now know what "magic asterisk" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?