What Does "Make a Better Door Than a Window" Mean?"Make a better door than a window" is an English idiom. It is used humorously to ask someone blocking one's view to move.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "make a better door than a window" used in a sentence:
- Hey, you make a better door than a window!
- Could you step aside? You make a better door than a window.
- I can't see the TV; you make a better door than a window.
A Quick TestYou now know what "make a better door than a window" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?