What Does "May the Force Be Without You" Mean?"May the force be without you" is an English idiom. It is a humorous twist on the famous line from Star Wars, often used to jokingly wish someone ill.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "may the force be without you" used in a sentence:
- He failed the test? Well, may the Force be without him then!
- You're cheering for the opposite team? May the Force be without you!
- She laughed, 'If you keep eating like that, may the Force be without you!'
A Quick TestYou now know what "may the force be without you" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?