What Does "Necktie Party" Mean?"Necktie party" is an English idiom. It is a euphemism for a lynching or execution by hanging, where the victim is hanged with a noose made from a necktie.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "necktie party" used in a sentence:
- The historical records revealed a dark period when necktie parties were tragically common in the region.
- The novel depicted a grim scene in which the characters witnessed a necktie party as a form of vigilante justice.
- Using the term 'necktie party' serves as a reminder of a painful and unjust chapter in history.
A Quick TestYou now know what "necktie party" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?