What Does "Nuclear Option" Mean?"Nuclear option" is an English idiom. It means "a drastic or extreme action or choice, often used as a last resort."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "nuclear option" used in a sentence:
- The negotiations have reached a deadlock, and they might consider the nuclear option of ending the partnership.
- Using military force should be the nuclear option, only to be used in the most dire circumstances.
- The company is facing bankruptcy, and declaring it is the nuclear option to save the remaining assets.
A Quick TestYou now know what "nuclear option" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?