What Does "Open Pandora's Box" Mean?"Open pandora's box" is an English idiom. It means "to initiate something that leads to many unforeseen problems or difficulties."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "open pandora's box" used in a sentence:
- Be careful with your decision; you might open Pandora's box of legal issues.
- The new technology opened Pandora's box, revealing unforeseen ethical dilemmas.
- Sometimes, asking too many questions can open Pandora's box of complications.
A Quick TestYou now know what "open pandora's box" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?