What Does "Other Fish in the Sea" Mean?"Other fish in the sea" is an English idiom. It is used to console or encourage someone who has experienced a romantic rejection, suggesting that there are plenty of other potential partners.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "other fish in the sea" used in a sentence:
- Don't be too upset about the breakup; there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
- She's a great person, but if it doesn't work out, remember that there are other fish in the sea.
- After a failed relationship, his friends reminded him that there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
A Quick TestYou now know what "other fish in the sea" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?