What Does "Pachyderm" Mean?"Pachyderm" is an English idiom. It is a term used to refer to large, thick-skinned mammals, such as elephants, often used metaphorically to describe something big and cumbersome.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "pachyderm" used in a sentence:
- The old truck lumbered down the road like a pachyderm.
- Dealing with bureaucracy can sometimes feel like wrestling with a pachyderm.
- Her collection of antique furniture resembled a herd of pachyderms in the living room.
A Quick TestYou now know what "pachyderm" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?