What Does "Pardon My French" Mean?"Pardon my french" is an English idiom. It is an informal expression used to apologize for using strong or offensive language.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "pardon my french" used in a sentence:
- He let out an expletive and quickly added, 'Pardon my French.'
- She didn't realize she had used a swear word until someone said, 'Pardon my French.'
- Sometimes, in moments of frustration, we say things we regret later and say, 'Pardon my French.'
A Quick TestYou now know what "pardon my french" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?