What Does "Prawn Cocktail Offensive" Mean?"Prawn cocktail offensive" is an English idiom. It is a humorous term used to describe a strategy or approach that is outdated or out of touch with current trends or expectations.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "prawn cocktail offensive" used in a sentence:
- Their attempt to appeal to younger audiences with a prawn cocktail offensive fell flat, as most young people had never even heard of prawn cocktails.
- The company's marketing campaign was a prawn cocktail offensive, focusing on nostalgia rather than innovation.
- In the era of digital media, the prawn cocktail offensive seemed like a relic from the past.
A Quick TestYou now know what "prawn cocktail offensive" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?