What Does "Reverse Midas Touch" Mean?"Reverse midas touch" is an English idiom. It means the opposite of the "Midas touch," referring to a person who consistently turns successful or valuable things into failures or losses.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "reverse midas touch" used in a sentence:
- Everything he invested in seemed to have a reverse Midas touch; it always ended in financial disaster.
- Her decisions as CEO had a reverse Midas touch, causing the company's stock to plummet.
- It's essential to carefully evaluate investments to avoid the reverse Midas touch and financial setbacks.
A Quick TestYou now know what "reverse midas touch" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?