What Does "Rose-colored Glasses" Mean?"Rose-colored glasses" is an English idiom. It is a metaphorical expression referring to an optimistic or overly positive perspective on life or a situation, often ignoring negative aspects or potential problems.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "rose-colored glasses" used in a sentence:
- Even in difficult times, he viewed the world through rose-colored glasses, always finding a silver lining.
- Wearing rose-colored glasses can lead to unrealistic expectations and disappointment when faced with challenges.
- She had a habit of seeing only the good in people, a sign that she often wore rose-colored glasses when forming opinions.
A Quick TestYou now know what "rose-colored glasses" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?