What Does "Talk a Good Game" Mean?"Talk a good game" is an English idiom. It means "to speak confidently or persuasively about one's abilities, plans, or intentions, especially when actual performance falls short of the talk."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "talk a good game" used in a sentence:
- He talks a good game but hasn't delivered on his promises.
- Talking a good game may create high expectations that are challenging to meet.
- In business and sports, people often value actions more than talking a good game.
A Quick TestYou now know what "talk a good game" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?