What Does "Totus Porcus" Mean?"Totus porcus" is an English idiom from the Latin phrase meaning "the whole hog" or "the entire pig." It is often used to describe doing something thoroughly or without restraint.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "totus porcus" used in a sentence:
- When it comes to celebrating birthdays, she goes totus porcus, planning extravagant parties with no expense spared.
- He tackled the home renovation project totus porcus, completely transforming every room.
- Their commitment to environmental conservation is totus porcus, with initiatives to protect every aspect of nature.
A Quick TestYou now know what "totus porcus" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?