What Does "True Stripes" Mean?"True stripes" is an English idiom. It is an expression referring to someone's genuine or authentic character, often used to emphasize that their behavior reflects their true nature.
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "true stripes" used in a sentence:
- In times of crisis, people's true stripes often emerge, revealing their character and values.
- His dedication and loyalty showed his true stripes as a reliable friend and teammate.
- The challenging project brought out everyone's true stripes, separating those who could handle pressure from those who couldn't.
A Quick TestYou now know what "true stripes" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?