What Does "Tuppence Worth" Mean?"Tuppence worth" is an English idiom. It means "an opinion or viewpoint that is freely expressed, often in a casual or unimportant manner."
Examples in SentencesHere are three examples of the idiom "tuppence worth" used in a sentence:
- She shared her tuppence worth on the matter, even though she wasn't directly involved in the discussion.
- Everyone had their tuppence worth to contribute during the brainstorming session, leading to diverse ideas.
- He often offered his tuppence worth in team meetings, which sometimes led to valuable insights.
A Quick TestYou now know what "tuppence worth" means, but are you good at English idioms? Let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?