ChristmasThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 22 words from the "Christmas" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a type of deer often associated with Christmas and Santa Claus, known for pulling Santa's sleigh
- A reindeer is a large, horned animal.
- Reindeer are known for pulling Santa's sleigh.
- Reindeer are often associated with Christmas.
- The reindeer's antlers were adorned with twinkling lights for the holiday parade.
- Children eagerly awaited the arrival of Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve.
- She wore reindeer-themed pajamas to celebrate the festive season.
a red hat with a white pom-pom, typically worn by Santa Claus during Christmas
- A Santa hat is a red hat with a white pom-pom.
- Santa Claus wears a Santa hat.
- People wear Santa hats during the holidays.
- He put on his Santa hat and greeted guests with a jolly "Ho, ho, ho!"
- The children took turns wearing a Santa hat while decorating the Christmas tree.
- She sewed a miniature Santa hat onto her pet's holiday costume.
a beloved figure in Western culture associated with Christmas, known for delivering gifts to children on Christmas Eve
- Santa Claus is a jolly, gift-giving figure.
- Santa delivers presents on Christmas Eve.
- Children write letters to Santa.
- The children eagerly wrote letters to Santa, listing their holiday wishes.
- Santa Claus made a grand entrance at the Christmas parade, waving to the crowd.
- She portrayed Santa at the local charity event, spreading joy to all.
a vehicle used by Santa Claus in folklore to deliver gifts, often pulled by reindeer
- A sleigh is a vehicle that Santa uses to deliver presents.
- Sleighs are often pulled by reindeer.
- Sleighs have a festive and magical appearance.
- The toy store displayed a miniature sleigh filled with presents in its window.
- The children imagined riding in Santa's sleigh through a snowy night.
- He crafted a detailed model of Santa's sleigh for a festive centerpiece.
a delicate ice crystal that falls as snow, often with a unique and intricate pattern
- A snowflake is a delicate ice crystal.
- Snowflakes are unique and come in various shapes.
- Snowflakes fall from the sky when it snows.
- The snowflake landed on her mitten, its symmetrical design mesmerizing her.
- Children created paper snowflakes to decorate the windows for Christmas.
- He marveled at the beauty of each snowflake as they covered the landscape.
a figure made of snow, typically with a carrot for a nose and coal for eyes and buttons
- A snowman is a figure made of snow.
- Snowmen have carrot noses and coal eyes.
- Building a snowman is a fun winter activity.
- The children built a snowman in the yard, dressing it in a scarf and top hat.
- The snowman's smile seemed to brighten the snowy neighborhood.
- She placed a small snowman figurine on the windowsill as a decoration.
a celestial object often represented as a five-pointed shape, commonly used as a Christmas tree topper
- A star is a bright object in the night sky.
- Stars are often placed on top of Christmas trees.
- Wishing upon a star is a tradition.
- They placed a shimmering star at the apex of the Christmas tree.
- The starry night sky served as a backdrop for the holiday festivities.
- She painted a golden star on a greeting card for her family.
a decorative sock or fabric bag often hung by the fireplace on Christmas Eve for gifts from Santa
- A stocking is a long sock used to hold presents.
- Children hang stockings by the fireplace on Christmas Eve.
- Stockings are filled with small gifts and treats.
- The children hung their stockings by the chimney with care before bedtime.
- Her stocking overflowed with small presents and treats on Christmas morning.
- He stitched personalized stockings for each family member.
a circular arrangement of flowers, leaves, or other materials, often used as a festive decoration
- A wreath is a circular decoration made of flowers or leaves.
- Wreaths are often hung on doors during the holidays.
- Wreaths symbolize warmth and welcome.
- She adorned the front door with a wreath made of pine branches and red berries.
- The holiday wreath emitted a pleasant aroma throughout the house.
- He crafted a wreath from dried flowers and herbs for a rustic touch.
a celestial being often depicted as a benevolent figure with wings, associated with Christmas and guardian spirits
- An angel is a heavenly being with wings.
- Angels are often depicted as messengers of God.
- Angels appear in nativity scenes.
- The angel figurine stood atop the Christmas tree, watching over the festivities.
- She placed an angelic ornament on the mantel to symbolize peace and hope.
- He believed that his late grandmother was now his guardian angel.
a small, decorative ornament often hung on Christmas trees, typically made of glass or plastic
- A bauble is a shiny Christmas ornament.
- Baubles are hung on Christmas trees.
- Baubles come in various colors and designs.
- The Christmas tree sparkled with colorful baubles and twinkling lights.
- Children carefully hung baubles on the tree, each with its own story.
- She collected vintage baubles, treasuring the memories they held.
musical instruments often used as decorative elements during the holiday season, known for their festive jingling sound
- Bells are musical instruments that make a ringing sound.
- Bells are often used to announce the arrival of Santa.
- Sleigh bells are associated with Christmas.
- The bells on the door chimed as guests entered the cozy holiday shop.
- Children shook jingle bells to create joyful melodies in the square.
- He attached sleigh bells to his horse's harness for a festive carriage ride.
a cylindrical piece of wax with a wick, often lit for illumination and as a symbol of hope during the holidays
- A candle is a source of light made of wax.
- Candles are often used in holiday decorations.
- People light candles on Christmas Eve.
- They lit a scented candle on the dining table for a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- The candlelight flickered in the darkness, casting dancing shadows on the walls.
- She placed a row of candles in the windows to welcome guests.
a sweet, curved confectionery with red and white stripes, often associated with Christmas and hung as ornaments
- A candy cane is a striped, sweet confection.
- Candy canes are a popular Christmas treat.
- Candy canes are often hung on trees.
- The children each received a candy cane as a treat during the holiday party.
- Candy canes adorned the Christmas tree, adding a festive touch to the decorations.
- He crushed candy canes to sprinkle over hot cocoa for a minty flavor.
a traditional dessert often served on Christmas, made with ingredients like dried fruits, suet, and spices
- Christmas pudding is a traditional holiday dessert.
- Christmas pudding is often served with a flaming brandy.
- Christmas pudding is rich and full of flavors.
- The family gathered around to enjoy a rich and steaming Christmas pudding.
- Christmas pudding was served with a generous drizzle of brandy sauce.
- She prepared the Christmas pudding weeks in advance for its flavors to mature.
an evergreen tree, often decorated with ornaments and lights, as a central symbol of Christmas celebrations
- A Christmas tree is a decorated tree associated with Christmas.
- Families decorate Christmas trees with ornaments and lights.
- Christmas trees are often topped with a star.
- They decorated the Christmas tree with tinsel, baubles, and twinkling lights.
- The Christmas tree stood tall and fragrant in the living room, filling the space with holiday cheer.
- He carefully selected a fresh Christmas tree from the local tree farm.
a mythical creature often depicted as a small, mischievous being with pointy ears, associated with helping Santa Claus
- An elf is a mythical creature known for helping Santa.
- Elves are often depicted as small and mischievous.
- Elves work in Santa's workshop.
- Children wrote letters to Santa, asking for gifts from the busy elves in the North Pole.
- The elf figurines on the shelf seemed to come to life each night.
- She dressed up as an elf for the holiday costume party, complete with curly shoes.
a small label attached to a gift, often bearing the recipient's name and a holiday message
- A gift tag is a small card attached to a present.
- Gift tags often have the recipient's name on them.
- People write messages on gift tags.
- She carefully wrote a personalized message on each gift tag before wrapping presents.
- Gift tags with colorful designs and festive greetings adorned the presents under the tree.
- He used recycled materials to create eco-friendly gift tags for the holiday season.
a type of sweet, spiced cookie often shaped into various festive designs and decorated with icing
- Gingerbread is a type of spiced cookie or cake.
- Gingerbread cookies are often shaped like people.
- Gingerbread houses are a festive decoration.
- The children decorated gingerbread houses with gumdrops and icing for a fun activity.
- Gingerbread cookies in the shape of reindeer and snowflakes were a holiday favorite.
- She baked a batch of gingerbread men to share with friends and family.
a plant with glossy green leaves and red berries, often used for decoration during the Christmas season
- Holly is a plant with bright red berries.
- Holly is often used in Christmas wreaths.
- Holly symbolizes the holiday season.
- She made a wreath of holly and ivy to hang on the front door for the holidays.
- The holly berries added a pop of vibrant red to the festive centerpiece.
- He used holly sprigs to adorn the dining table for the Christmas feast.
a small, sweet pastry filled with mincemeat, a mixture of dried fruits, spices, and suet, traditionally served at Christmas
- A mince pie is a sweet pastry filled with mincemeat.
- Mince pies are a traditional Christmas dessert.
- Mince pies are often served warm.
- They enjoyed warm mince pies with a dollop of whipped cream after the holiday meal.
- Mince pies were a cherished family tradition, passed down through generations.
- She baked a batch of mince pies to share with carolers on Christmas Eve.
a gift or package wrapped in festive paper, often exchanged during the holiday season
- A present is a gift given to someone on a special occasion.
- People exchange presents on Christmas morning.
- Opening presents is a joyful tradition.
- The children eagerly tore open their presents on Christmas morning, filled with excitement.
- The stack of presents under the tree grew larger as more family members arrived.
- He carefully selected a thoughtful present for each of his loved ones.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?