AccessoriesThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 19 words from the "accessories" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a long, narrow piece of cloth or other material worn around the neck, typically with a knot in front
- A tie goes around the neck.
- Ties come in many colors.
- People wear ties with suits.
- He wore a stylish silk tie with his suit to the formal event.
- She adjusted her tie in the mirror before heading to the meeting.
- Ties are often used to add a touch of elegance to an outfit.
a flexible container made of cloth, paper, plastic, or leather, used to carry or store items
- A bag holds things.
- People carry bags to store stuff.
- There are backpacks and handbags.
- She packed her essentials into a backpack for the hiking trip.
- Grocery bags are commonly used to carry groceries from the store.
- He reached into his bag to retrieve his wallet.
a piece of jewelry consisting of a chain or cord with an ornament or pendant worn around the neck
- A necklace is jewelry for the neck.
- Necklaces can be shiny.
- Some necklaces have pretty stones.
- The necklace she received as a gift was adorned with a sparkling diamond pendant.
- She wore a delicate gold necklace that complemented her dress.
- The antique necklace had intricate designs and held sentimental value.
a small circular band, typically made of metal and worn on a finger as an ornament or symbol of engagement or marriage
- A ring is a circle for fingers.
- Rings can be shiny and special.
- People wear rings at weddings.
- He proposed to her with a beautiful diamond ring in a romantic setting.
- The ring on her finger had been passed down through generations.
- Wedding rings are exchanged as a symbol of love and commitment.
a type of backpack with shoulder straps, often used for outdoor activities like hiking or camping
- A rucksack is a backpack for trips.
- Rucksacks hold food and clothes.
- People wear rucksacks on hikes.
- He packed his camping gear into his rucksack before setting off on the trail.
- Rucksacks are designed for comfort and durability during long hikes.
- The spacious rucksack had compartments for all his essentials.
a length of fabric worn around the neck or head for warmth, protection, or fashion
- A scarf is a long neck cloth.
- Scarves keep you warm.
- People wear scarves in winter.
- She wrapped a cozy scarf around her neck to stay warm in the cold weather.
- Silk scarves are often used to add a touch of elegance to an outfit.
- He tied a colorful scarf around his head to shield himself from the sun.
a pair of knitted or woven coverings for the feet, typically made of cotton or wool
- Socks cover feet.
- Socks come in pairs.
- Socks keep feet cozy.
- He put on his warm woolen socks before stepping out into the snow.
- Socks come in various colors and patterns to match different outfits.
- She noticed a hole in her sock and decided to mend it.
eyeglasses with tinted or darkened lenses to protect the eyes from the sun's glare
- Sunglasses are for sunny days.
- Sunglasses protect your eyes.
- People wear sunglasses at the beach.
- She wore stylish sunglasses to shield her eyes from the bright sunlight.
- Sunglasses are essential for eye protection during outdoor activities.
- He reached for his aviator sunglasses before heading out to the beach.
a collapsible device with a canopy made of fabric or other material, used to shield against rain or sunlight
- An umbrella is for rain and sun.
- Umbrellas keep you dry.
- People use umbrellas when it rains.
- She opened her umbrella to stay dry during the sudden rain shower.
- Umbrellas are a common accessory in rainy regions.
- He used a large golf umbrella to provide shade on a sunny day.
a small, flat case for holding money, credit cards, and other personal items
- A wallet holds money.
- Wallets fit in pockets.
- People use wallets for cash and cards.
- He reached into his pocket to grab his wallet to pay for the meal.
- Wallets come in various designs and materials, from leather to fabric.
- She organized her bills and cards neatly in her wallet.
a timekeeping device worn on the wrist or carried in a pocket, typically with a display of hours, minutes, and seconds
- A watch tells time.
- Watches have numbers.
- People wear watches on wrists.
- He checked his watch to see if it was time for the meeting.
- Watches can be both functional timepieces and stylish accessories.
- She received a beautiful watch as a graduation gift.
a strip of leather, fabric, or other material worn around the waist to support clothing or as a fashion accessory
- A belt keeps pants up.
- Belts have buckles.
- People wear belts with jeans.
- He tightened his belt after a hearty meal at the restaurant.
- Belts come in various styles, including leather, woven, and studded.
- She selected a wide black belt to cinch her dress at the waist.
a type of necktie that is tied in the shape of a bow, typically worn with formal attire
- A bow tie is a fancy tie.
- Bow ties look like bows.
- People wear bow ties at parties.
- He wore a classic black bow tie with his tuxedo for the elegant event.
- Bow ties add a touch of sophistication to formal outfits.
- She learned how to tie a perfect bow tie for her brother's wedding.
a piece of jewelry worn around the wrist, often as a decorative accessory
- A bracelet is wrist jewelry.
- Bracelets can be pretty.
- People give bracelets as gifts.
- She stacked multiple bracelets on her wrist to create a trendy look.
- Bracelets can be made from various materials, including metal, beads, and leather.
- He gifted her a beautiful gold bracelet on their anniversary.
jewelry worn on the ears, typically consisting of a decorative pendant or stud
- Earrings go on ears.
- Earrings can be small or big.
- Some people wear earrings every day.
- She wore elegant diamond earrings that sparkled in the light.
- Earrings can be simple studs or elaborate dangle designs.
- He surprised her with a pair of pearl earrings for her birthday.
a pair of fitted coverings for the hands, typically made of leather, fabric, or other materials
- Gloves keep hands warm.
- Gloves have fingers.
- People wear gloves in winter.
- She put on her leather gloves to keep her hands warm in the winter chill.
- Gloves are essential for protection and warmth in cold weather.
- He carefully removed his gloves before handling delicate objects.
a head covering typically made of fabric or other materials, worn for protection, warmth, or fashion
- A hat covers the head.
- Hats keep sun off.
- People wear hats on sunny days.
- She wore a wide-brimmed sun hat to shield her face from the sun's rays.
- Hats come in various styles, from baseball caps to fedoras.
- He tipped his hat in greeting as he walked by.
a band worn around the head to keep hair away from the face or as a decorative accessory
- A headband goes on the head.
- Headbands hold hair.
- People use headbands for sports.
- She wore a colorful headband to hold back her hair during exercise.
- Headbands with floral designs are popular in summer fashion.
- He gifted her a beaded headband as a souvenir from his travels.
a type of hand covering that encases all the fingers together, typically worn for warmth in cold weather
- Mittens are warm for hands.
- Mittens don't have fingers.
- Kids wear mittens in snow.
- She pulled on her cozy mittens before going outside to play in the snow.
- Mittens are warmer than gloves because they keep the fingers together.
- He knitted a pair of mittens as a thoughtful homemade gift.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?