Animals and BabiesThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 28 words from the "animals and babies" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a young goose, especially one that has not yet reached full maturity
- A gosling is a baby goose.
- Goslings are fluffy and yellow.
- Goslings follow their parents to learn.
- The fluffy goslings followed their mother as she led them to the pond.
- She fed the hungry goslings with pieces of bread by the lake.
- The gosling's downy feathers were soft to the touch.
a large, four-legged mammal often used for riding, racing, and as a working animal
- A horse is a large animal.
- Horses can run very fast.
- People ride horses for transportation.
- The horse galloped gracefully across the open field, its mane flowing in the wind.
- She enjoyed taking care of her horse, grooming its sleek coat and mane.
- They went for a leisurely ride on horseback through the countryside.
a baby kangaroo, typically found in the pouch of its mother
- A joey is a baby kangaroo.
- Joeys are carried in their mother's pouch.
- Joeys grow and hop like their parents.
- The curious joey peeked out of its mother's pouch to survey the surroundings.
- Kangaroo joeys rely on their mother's milk for nourishment and growth.
- The mother kangaroo hopped gently, cradling her joey in her pouch.
a marsupial known for its powerful hind legs and distinctive hopping locomotion
- A kangaroo is a marsupial.
- Kangaroos are known for their jumping.
- Kangaroos live in Australia.
- The kangaroo bounded effortlessly across the Australian outback, covering great distances.
- Kangaroos are often seen grazing on grass and shrubs in their natural habitat.
- She watched in amazement as a group of kangaroos leaped through the grassland.
a young goat, typically less than a year old
- A kid can be a young goat or a child.
- Kids like to play and have fun.
- Baby goats are called kids.
- The playful kids frolicked in the meadow, leaping over rocks and logs.
- She fed the hungry kid a bottle of milk to quench its thirst.
- The kid's fur was soft and covered in white spots.
a young cat, especially one that has not yet reached full maturity
- A kitten is a baby cat.
- Kittens are cute and playful.
- Kittens grow into adult cats.
- The mischievous kittens batted at a ball of yarn, their tails twitching with excitement.
- She adopted a tiny kitten from the animal shelter and named it Whiskers.
- Kittens often engage in playful antics, chasing each other around the room.
a young sheep, usually less than a year old
- A lamb is a baby sheep.
- Lambs are often raised on farms.
- Lambs are gentle and woolly.
- The lambs grazed peacefully in the pasture, their woolly coats gleaming in the sun.
- Shearing time is when the soft wool of lambs is collected to make warm clothing.
- The mother sheep watched over her twin lambs as they explored the field.
a large, carnivorous cat known for its distinctive mane (in males) and strength
- A lion is a big cat.
- Lions are known as the king of the jungle.
- Lion cubs are baby lions.
- The majestic lion roared loudly, asserting its dominance over the pride.
- Lions are often regarded as the kings of the animal kingdom due to their regal appearance.
- She observed a lioness playfully nuzzling her cubs in the grass.
a domesticated mammal often raised for its meat, known for its stout body and snout
- A pig is a farm animal.
- Pigs are pink and like mud.
- Pigs are raised for meat.
- The pig wallowed happily in the mud, cooling itself on a hot day.
- Pigs are intelligent animals with a keen sense of smell.
- She fed the hungry pig from a bucket filled with scraps.
a young pig, typically less than a year old
- A piglet is a baby pig.
- Piglets are small and pink.
- Piglets grow into adult pigs.
- The piglets squealed with delight as they played in the straw-filled pen.
- Piglets are known for their pinkish skin and small snouts.
- The farmer carefully counted the piglets born to the sow.
a young dog, often characterized by its playful and energetic nature
- A puppy is a baby dog.
- Puppies are playful and adorable.
- Puppies need lots of love and care.
- The energetic puppies chased after a tennis ball, tails wagging furiously.
- She adopted a puppy from the animal shelter, and they quickly became inseparable.
- Puppies require training and socialization to become well-behaved adult dogs.
a domesticated mammal known for its woolly coat, often raised for its wool and meat
- A sheep is a farm animal with woolly fur.
- Sheep provide wool for clothing.
- Sheep can be found on ranches.
- The herd of sheep grazed contentedly in the green pasture.
- Shearing season is when the wool of sheep is collected to make textiles.
- The shepherd guided the flock of sheep to their nighttime pen.
a large, graceful waterfowl known for its long neck and elegant appearance
- A swan is a graceful bird.
- Swans can swim on ponds and lakes.
- Swan cygnets are baby swans.
- The pair of swans glided serenely across the calm lake, forming a heart shape.
- Swans are often associated with love and romance due to their graceful courtship displays.
- She marveled at the beauty of the swan's pristine white feathers.
a young bovine, such as a cow or a bull, typically less than a year old
- A calf is a baby cow.
- Calves drink milk from their mothers.
- Calves grow into adult cows.
- The calf frolicked in the meadow, testing its newfound strength and agility.
- Calves rely on their mother's milk for nourishment and growth.
- The farmer gently led the calf to the barn for feeding.
a small domesticated carnivorous mammal known for its independent and agile nature
- A cat is a small furry animal.
- Cats are independent and like to nap.
- Kittens are baby cats.
- The cat stretched lazily in the sunbeam, purring with contentment.
- Cats are known for their curiosity and love of exploring new places.
- She adopted a rescue cat with striking green eyes.
a young bird, especially a baby chicken
- A chick is a baby bird, often a chicken.
- Chicks hatch from eggs.
- Chicks need warmth and care.
- The fluffy chicks huddled together under the heat lamp for warmth.
- Chicks hatch from eggs and require careful attention and care.
- She watched as the mother hen clucked softly to her chicks.
a domesticated bird often raised for its meat and eggs
- A chicken is a common farm bird.
- Chickens lay eggs for food.
- Baby chickens are called chicks.
- The chickens pecked at the grains scattered on the ground in the coop.
- Chicken eggs are a common ingredient in many recipes and dishes.
- She collected fresh eggs from the nesting boxes each morning.
a large domesticated mammal often raised for its milk, meat, and leather
- A cow is a large farm animal.
- Cows give milk for dairy products.
- Cows have calves, baby cows.
- The gentle cow grazed peacefully in the lush pasture.
- Cows are commonly milked to produce dairy products like milk and cheese.
- She admired the patterned hide of the cow in the field.
a young, often playful animal, typically used to refer to young bears, lions, or other large carnivores
- A cub can be a baby bear or a young animal.
- Cubs are playful and curious.
- Lion cubs are baby lions.
- The bear cub playfully tumbled in the grass, learning important survival skills.
- Lion cubs stay close to their mother for protection and nourishment.
- She observed the curious cub as it explored its surroundings.
a young swan, often characterized by its grayish or brownish feathers
- A cygnet is a baby swan.
- Cygnet feathers turn white as they grow.
- Cygnet are often found on ponds.
- The cygnets followed their parents in a single-file line across the pond.
- Cygnet plumage gradually changes to the pristine white feathers of adult swans.
- She delighted in the sight of the fluffy cygnets swimming gracefully.
a wild, hoofed mammal known for its grace and agility, often found in forests and meadows
- A deer is a graceful animal.
- Deer have antlers on their heads.
- Deer fawns are baby deer.
- The deer moved silently through the forest, blending in with the dappled sunlight.
- Deer are herbivores and graze on a variety of plants and vegetation.
- She spotted a mother deer and her fawn in the clearing.
a domesticated carnivorous mammal often kept as a pet and known for its loyalty and companionship
- A dog is a loyal pet.
- Dogs come in many breeds and sizes.
- Puppies are baby dogs.
- The loyal dog wagged its tail enthusiastically, eager to greet its owner.
- Dogs come in a wide variety of breeds, each with unique characteristics.
- She adopted a rescue dog that quickly became her faithful companion.
a waterfowl known for its webbed feet and distinctive quacking sound
- A duck is a water bird.
- Ducks swim in ponds and rivers.
- Ducklings are baby ducks.
- The ducks paddled gracefully on the calm surface of the pond.
- Ducks are often seen dabbling for food in the water with their beaks.
- She tossed breadcrumbs to the hungry ducks at the park.
a young duck, often characterized by its fluffy down feathers and small size
- A duckling is a baby duck.
- Ducklings follow their mother in a line.
- Ducklings grow feathers and learn to swim.
- The adorable ducklings followed their mother in a neat row, quacking softly.
- Ducklings learn to swim and forage for food under the guidance of their mother.
- She watched as the ducklings ventured into the water for the first time.
a young deer, typically with spotted fur, often born in the spring
- A fawn is a baby deer.
- Fawns have white spots on their fur.
- Fawns are gentle and shy.
- The curious fawn cautiously approached the edge of the forest, its spots blending with the surroundings.
- Fawns stay hidden in the tall grass to avoid predators when their mother is away.
- She spotted a pair of twin fawns grazing near the stream.
a young horse, usually less than a year old
- A foal is a baby horse.
- Foals are born with long legs.
- Foals learn to run and play.
- The playful foal galloped around the paddock, its energy boundless.
- Foals are known for their long legs and wobbly first steps after birth.
- She watched as the mother horse nuzzled her foal affectionately.
a domesticated mammal often kept for its milk, meat, and fiber
- A goat is a farm animal with horns.
- Goats eat grass and shrubs.
- Baby goats are called kids.
- The agile goat climbed skillfully on the rocky cliffs of the mountain.
- Goats are known for their inquisitive nature and love of exploration.
- She fed the hungry goat some fresh hay and a handful of grains.
a waterfowl similar to a duck, known for its distinctive honking sound
- A goose is a water bird with a long neck.
- Geese fly in V-shaped formations.
- Goslings are baby geese.
- The geese flew in a V-shaped formation across the clear blue sky.
- Geese are known for their migratory habits and long-distance flights.
- She observed a mother goose leading her goslings to the water.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?