ColorsThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 14 words from the "colors" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
the darkest color with the absence of light
- Black is the color of the night sky.
- My favorite color is black.
- She wore a black dress to the party.
- She wore a sleek black dress to the formal event.
- He prefers black cars because they look stylish.
- They painted their bedroom walls black for a modern look.
a color resembling the clear sky or the deep sea
- The ocean looks blue on a sunny day.
- Blue is a calming color.
- I like to paint with blue crayons.
- She painted her office walls a calming shade of blue.
- He loves wearing blue shirts for a fresh look.
- They decorated the living room with blue curtains.
a color that resembles the earth or tree bark
- Brown is the color of tree trunks.
- Chocolate is often brown.
- I have a brown teddy bear.
- She chose a warm brown for the interior of her cabin.
- He wears brown leather shoes with his business attire.
- They like the natural look of brown furniture.
a neutral color between black and white
- Gray clouds usually mean it will rain.
- His hair is starting to turn gray.
- I'm wearing a gray sweater today.
- She decided on a gray color scheme for her kitchen.
- He finds gray suits to be versatile for different occasions.
- They used gray tiles for the bathroom renovation.
a color associated with nature, foliage, and growth
- Grass and leaves are usually green.
- Green is the color of fresh vegetables.
- I like the color green because it's so natural.
- She planted green shrubs in her garden.
- He enjoys hiking in the lush green forests.
- They painted their front door a vibrant green.
a deep blue color resembling the night sky
- Navy blue is a dark shade of blue.
- Sailors often wear navy uniforms.
- I have a navy backpack for school.
- She wore a navy suit to the formal business meeting.
- He likes decorating his bedroom with navy accents.
- They chose navy bridesmaid dresses for the wedding.
a vibrant color resembling the fruit of the same name
- Oranges are orange in color.
- The sunset can be orange and beautiful.
- I love the bright orange color.
- She added orange throw pillows to her living room.
- He enjoys eating fresh oranges for breakfast.
- They painted their kitchen walls a cheerful orange.
a soft and pale shade of orange
- Peaches are a delicious fruit with a peachy color.
- The sky at dawn can be peach-colored.
- Her dress is a lovely shade of peach.
- She decorated her nursery with peach-colored walls.
- He bought a peach sweater for the cool evenings.
- They served peach sorbet for dessert at the party.
a color associated with femininity and sweetness
- Pink is a pretty and girly color.
- Flamingos are pink birds.
- I bought pink shoes for the party.
- She wore a pink dress to celebrate her birthday.
- He gifted her a bouquet of pink roses.
- They painted their daughter's room a lovely pink.
a color often associated with royalty and luxury
- Purple flowers are my favorite.
- Grapes can be purple or green.
- Her room is decorated in shades of purple.
- She chose a deep purple for the accent wall in her bedroom.
- He likes to wear purple ties to make a statement.
- They decorated their dining room with rich purple curtains.
a bold and passionate color
- Fire trucks are often painted red.
- The color red is associated with love.
- I like to wear red dresses.
- She painted her front door a vibrant red.
- He enjoys eating red apples as a snack.
- They bought red roses to symbolize love.
a greenish-blue color often found in tropical waters
- Teal is a combination of blue and green.
- The lake had a beautiful teal color.
- I painted my bedroom walls teal.
- She decorated her bathroom with teal accents.
- He chose teal swim trunks for their beach vacation.
- They like the calming effect of teal in their bedroom.
the color of purity, light, and cleanliness
- Snow is white and pure.
- White doves symbolize peace.
- I prefer white shirts in the summer.
- She wore a white wedding gown on her special day.
- He prefers white bedding for a fresh look.
- They painted their living room walls bright white.
a bright and cheerful color associated with sunshine
- Bananas are yellow when they are ripe.
- The sunflower has bright yellow petals.
- I drew a yellow sun in my picture.
- She planted yellow sunflowers in her garden.
- He likes to wear yellow T-shirts during summer.
- They painted the kitchen cabinets a sunny yellow.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?