ContainersThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 17 words from the "containers" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a metal container often used for storing and packaging food items
- A tin is a metal container used for storing food or items.
- Tins come in various sizes and shapes.
- Tins are often used for preserving food.
- She opened a tin of cookies and offered them to her guests.
- The tin of coffee beans had a resealable lid to keep the contents fresh.
- He collected vintage tins with nostalgic designs and advertisements.
a flexible container made of fabric, paper, or plastic, typically used for carrying items
- A bag is a flexible container made of fabric or plastic.
- Bags can hold groceries, clothes, and other items.
- People use bags for shopping and carrying things.
- She packed her essentials into a backpack and was ready for the hiking trip.
- The reusable grocery bags helped reduce plastic waste.
- He reached into his bag and pulled out a surprise gift for her.
a solid, often rectangular block of a substance, such as soap or chocolate
- A bar is a solid rectangular shape of something, like chocolate or soap.
- Chocolate bars are a popular treat.
- Soap bars are used for washing.
- She unwrapped a chocolate bar and broke off a piece to share.
- The soap bar had a soothing lavender scent, perfect for a relaxing bath.
- He enjoyed the energy boost from a protein bar during his workout.
a rounded, usually shallow dish used for holding and serving food
- A bowl is a round, deep dish used for serving or eating food.
- Bowls can hold cereal, soup, and salad.
- People use bowls for mixing ingredients.
- She filled a bowl with fresh fruit for a healthy breakfast.
- The ceramic bowl was hand-painted with vibrant colors and patterns.
- He slurped up the last of the soup from his bowl with satisfaction.
a rectangular container with sides and a lid, often used for storage or packaging
- A box is a rectangular container with sides and a lid.
- Boxes are used for packaging and storage.
- Gifts are often placed in decorative boxes.
- She carefully wrapped a gift and placed it inside a decorative box.
- The cardboard box was sturdy enough to hold a collection of books.
- He found a hidden treasure in an old wooden box stored in the attic.
a cylindrical container, often made of metal or aluminum, used for storing liquids or food
- A can is a cylindrical metal container for food or beverages.
- Cans are used for soda, beans, and soup.
- Recycling cans helps the environment.
- She grabbed a can of tomato soup from the pantry for a quick lunch.
- The can opener made it easy to access the canned vegetables.
- He recycled the empty aluminum cans to help the environment.
a box or container made of cardboard or paperboard, often used for packaging goods
- A carton is a box made of cardboard or paperboard.
- Milk and juice often come in cartons.
- Eggs are packaged in cartons.
- She carried a carton of eggs from the grocery store to the car with care.
- The carton held a dozen fresh donuts, still warm from the bakery.
- He unfolded the flattened carton and used it as a makeshift tray.
a small, typically handleless container used for drinking or holding liquids
- A cup is a small container used for drinking liquids.
- Tea and coffee are often served in cups.
- Cups can be made of ceramic, glass, or plastic.
- She sipped her tea from a delicate porcelain cup, enjoying the warmth.
- The cup of coffee provided a much-needed morning boost of energy.
- He raised his cup to toast to a successful business deal.
a transparent or translucent container often used for drinking, serving, or holding beverages
- A glass is a transparent container for drinking.
- Water is commonly served in glasses.
- Glassware can be fragile.
- She poured a refreshing glass of lemonade to beat the summer heat.
- The glass jar was filled with colorful marbles that caught the light.
- He admired the intricate etching on the crystal glassware.
a cylindrical or glass container with a lid, often used for preserving or storing food
- A jar is a cylindrical container with a lid, often used for preserving food.
- Jam and pickles are stored in jars.
- People make homemade jams and jellies in jars.
- She opened a jar of homemade strawberry jam to spread on her toast.
- The jar of pickles had a satisfying crunch and tangy flavor.
- He repurposed an old mason jar into a charming candle holder.
a large container, typically with a handle and a spout, used for pouring liquids
- A jug is a large container with a handle and spout.
- Jugs are used for pouring liquids like milk or juice.
- People use jugs for making and serving beverages.
- She filled a jug with fresh water from the well to quench their thirst.
- The ceramic jug had a hand-painted design that added character to the kitchen.
- He poured the jug of milk into a pitcher for serving at breakfast.
a thick, usually rectangular-shaped piece of bread or other baked goods
- A loaf is a block of bread, usually baked in a rectangular shape.
- Loaves of bread come in different types like white or wheat.
- Sliced bread comes from a loaf.
- She sliced a loaf of crusty bread to make sandwiches for lunch.
- The loaf of banana bread was fragrant with hints of cinnamon.
- He picked up a fresh loaf of French bread from the bakery.
a sturdy, often cylindrical cup with a handle, used for hot beverages like coffee or tea
- A mug is a sturdy cup with a handle.
- Coffee and tea drinkers often use mugs.
- Mugs can have decorative designs.
- She wrapped her hands around a warm mug of cocoa and watched the snow fall.
- The personalized mug had a photo of their family vacation printed on it.
- He collected quirky mugs with humorous slogans and designs.
a small, sealed envelope or bag used for packaging items like sugar, seasoning, or seeds
- A packet is a small, sealed bag or container for food or other items.
- Sugar and spices often come in packets.
- Packet snacks are convenient for on-the-go.
- She tore open a packet of sugar to sweeten her morning coffee.
- The packet of seeds included instructions for planting a colorful garden.
- He always carried a packet of tissues in his pocket for emergencies.
a single unit or portion of something, often used for describing food items or objects
- A piece is a single unit or portion of something.
- You can break a piece off a chocolate bar.
- Puzzle pieces fit together to form a picture.
- She nibbled on a piece of chocolate, savoring its rich flavor.
- The puzzle was missing a piece, making it impossible to complete.
- He admired a piece of art that hung on the gallery wall.
a round, deep container, often with a lid and handles, used for cooking or storing food
- A pot is a deep, round container used for cooking.
- Pots are used for making soups and stews.
- Plants can also be grown in pots.
- She stirred the stew in the pot, letting the aroma fill the kitchen.
- The flowerpot on the windowsill held a vibrant collection of blooms.
- He stored leftover soup in a covered pot in the refrigerator.
a thin, flat piece or portion of something, often used for describing food or objects
- A slice is a thin, flat piece of something, like bread or cake.
- Pizza is often cut into slices.
- You can enjoy a slice of pie for dessert.
- She cut a slice of cake to celebrate the special occasion.
- The slice of cheese was perfect for making a grilled sandwich.
- He admired the slice of sunlight that streamed through the window.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?