FamilyThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 16 words from the "family" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a married woman in a spousal relationship with a man
- A wife is a married woman.
- Wives often live with their husbands and share their lives.
- Some people call their wife their 'partner' or 'spouse.'
- He surprised his wife with a bouquet of roses on their anniversary.
- She and her wife celebrated their love with a beautiful wedding ceremony.
- They enjoyed spending quality time together as husband and wife.
the sister of one's parent, often a relative who provides care and support
- An aunt is your parent's sister.
- Aunts can be kind and caring family members.
- You can visit your aunt to spend time together.
- Her aunt visited on weekends, bringing homemade cookies for the kids.
- They cherished the stories their aunt told them about family traditions.
- He sought advice and guidance from his wise and caring aunt.
a male sibling, sharing one or both parents with another individual
- A brother is a male sibling.
- Brothers can be older or younger than you.
- Brothers can be playmates and friends.
- The brothers spent their childhood playing and exploring together.
- Sibling rivalry was common, but they always had each other's backs.
- She admired her older brother as a role model and protector.
plural form of 'child,' referring to young individuals in a family or community
- Children are young people or kids.
- Children need love, care, and education.
- Parents take care of their children.
- The children played in the park, their laughter filling the air.
- Parenting required patience and understanding when raising children.
- They watched as their children grew into independent and responsible adults.
a child of one's aunt or uncle, typically sharing a grandparent as a common relative
- A cousin is the child of your aunt or uncle.
- Cousins can be like friends and part of your extended family.
- Family gatherings often include cousins.
- Family reunions brought cousins together for fun and laughter.
- Cousins formed strong bonds through shared experiences and traditions.
- She considered her cousin a lifelong friend and confidant.
a male parent in a family, often providing guidance, support, and love
- A father is a male parent.
- Fathers provide love, support, and guidance to their children.
- Fathers often play with their kids.
- He taught his children valuable life lessons and led by example.
- Father's Day was a time to express gratitude and appreciation.
- She had a special place in her heart for her loving and caring father.
plural form of 'grandchild,' referring to the offspring of one's children
- Grandchildren are the children of your children.
- Grandparents love spending time with their grandchildren.
- Grandchildren can bring joy to their grandparents.
- The grandparents adored their grandchildren and spoiled them with gifts.
- Family gatherings were filled with laughter and stories shared by the grandchildren.
- They cherished the unique personalities and talents of their grandchildren.
the female grandchild, typically the daughter of one's son or daughter
- A granddaughter is the female child of your child.
- Granddaughters are special to their grandparents.
- Granddaughters can have a close bond with their grandparents.
- Her granddaughter's smile brightened her day, and they shared a special bond.
- The proud grandfather watched his granddaughter perform in a school play.
- She looked forward to baking cookies with her beloved granddaughter.
the father of one's parent, often a wise and respected elder in the family
- A grandfather is the father of your parent.
- Grandfathers share stories and wisdom with their grandchildren.
- Grandfathers often have nicknames from their grandkids.
- Grandfather told captivating stories of his youth and adventures.
- The grandchildren looked up to their grandfather as a source of wisdom.
- She inherited a cherished heirloom passed down by her grandfather.
the mother of one's parent, often a nurturing and caring figure in the family
- A grandmother is the mother of your parent.
- Grandmothers are known for their love and baking treats.
- Grandmothers are often called 'grandma' or 'nana.'
- Grandmother's homemade apple pie was a family favorite at gatherings.
- She spent afternoons knitting cozy blankets for her grandchildren.
- The grandchildren knew they could always turn to their grandmother for love.
plural form of 'grandparent,' referring to one's father and mother's parents
- Grandparents are the parents of your parents.
- Grandparents are an important part of a family.
- Grandparents offer advice and support.
- Family traditions were passed down through the generations by the grandparents.
- The grandparents celebrated their milestone anniversary surrounded by family.
- They felt grateful for the wisdom and love shared by their grandparents.
the male grandchild, typically the son of one's son or daughter
- A grandson is the male child of your child.
- Grandsons bring happiness to their grandparents.
- Grandsons often look up to their grandfathers.
- His grandson shared his passion for fishing, creating special bonding moments.
- Grandparents attended their grandson's graduation ceremony with pride.
- She treasured the hand-drawn artwork gifted by her artistic grandson.
a married man in a spousal relationship with a woman
- A husband is a married man.
- Husbands care for their wives and families.
- A husband and wife are partners in marriage.
- She supported her husband's dreams and ambitions throughout their marriage.
- Husband and wife shared responsibilities and built a life together.
- He surprised his wife with breakfast in bed to express his love.
a female parent in a family, often providing care, nurturing, and love
- A mother is a female parent.
- Mothers love and care for their children.
- A mother's love is strong and unconditional.
- She dedicated herself to raising her children with love and compassion.
- Mother's Day was a time to show gratitude for everything mothers do.
- He admired his mother's strength and resilience in the face of challenges.
a female sibling, sharing one or both parents with another individual
- A sister is a female sibling.
- Sisters can be your best friends and confidants.
- Sisters share a special bond with each other.
- Sisters supported each other through life's ups and downs, forming a strong bond.
- Sibling rivalry sometimes led to playful arguments, but love always prevailed.
- She confided in her sister, knowing she would always have her back.
the brother of one's parent, often a male relative who offers guidance and support
- An uncle is your parent's brother.
- Uncles can be fun and supportive family members.
- You can learn from your uncle and enjoy his company.
- His uncle introduced him to the world of sports and became a mentor.
- Uncles played a role in shaping their nieces' and nephews' interests.
- She admired her uncle's sense of humor and storytelling abilities.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?