Frequency AdverbsThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 9 words from the "frequency adverbs" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
not at any time or on no occasio
- I never eat spicy food because it's too hot for me.
- She never misses her morning walk.
- They never go to bed late on school nights.
- She never misses her morning yoga routine.
- I have never traveled to that country before.
- He never forgets to water the plants.
usually, as a regular or typical practic
- I normally have cereal for breakfast.
- She normally takes the bus to work.
- We normally visit our grandparents on Sundays.
- They normally have breakfast together as a family.
- I normally take a walk in the park after work.
- She normally arrives at the office at 9 AM.
from time to time; now and the
- I occasionally treat myself to ice cream.
- They occasionally watch movies on weekends.
- She occasionally goes shopping with her friends.
- He occasionally treats himself to a chocolate dessert.
- We occasionally meet up with old friends for dinner.
- She occasionally goes for a weekend getaway.
frequently or many times; on numerous occasion
- I often read books before bedtime.
- He often practices the guitar in the evenings.
- We often visit the park on Sundays.
- They often go hiking in the mountains during the summer.
- I often visit the local library to borrow books.
- He often helps his neighbors with yard work.
infrequently; not very ofte
- I rarely eat fast food because it's not healthy.
- She rarely stays up late on school nights.
- They rarely go on long trips.
- She rarely eats fast food; she prefers home-cooked meals.
- I rarely watch television; I'm usually busy with other activities.
- They rarely experience extreme weather in their region.
rarely; not ofte
- I seldom see shooting stars in the night sky.
- She seldom forgets to water her plants.
- We seldom have visitors during the week.
- He seldom complains about his workload.
- We seldom have power outages in this neighborhood.
- She seldom wears formal attire to the office.
occasionally; on occasions or instance
- I sometimes bake cookies on the weekends.
- He sometimes helps his parents with chores.
- They sometimes play board games together.
- They sometimes go out for dinner on weekends.
- I sometimes take a break to clear my mind during work.
- She sometimes volunteers at the local animal shelter.
typically; in most cases or as a common practic
- I usually have a salad for lunch.
- She usually walks her dog in the park.
- We usually visit our relatives during holidays.
- She usually goes for a run in the morning before work.
- I usually start my day with a cup of coffee.
- They usually spend their summer vacation at the beach.
at all times; on every occasion; without exceptio
- I always brush my teeth before bed.
- She always says 'please' and 'thank you'.
- They always arrive on time for school.
- He always greets everyone with a smile.
- I always double-check my work to ensure accuracy.
- She always puts safety first in her activities.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?