Gender-specific NounsThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 17 words from the "gender-specific nouns" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a male child in relation to his parents
- A son is a male child of parents.
- Sons are often loved and cherished by their families.
- Parents take care of their sons.
- The son admired his father and aspired to follow in his footsteps.
- Family gatherings were a chance for the son to reconnect with relatives.
- She treasured the bond with her son and watched him grow into a young man.
an individual responsible for managing and overseeing the affairs and resources of a household or organization
- A steward is someone who manages and takes care of something.
- Stewards can be in charge of a ship, airplane, or event.
- Stewards ensure things run smoothly.
- The steward efficiently managed the estate's finances and operations.
- Stewards played a crucial role in maintaining the lord's property and assets.
- He served as the steward of the royal court, ensuring smooth administration.
a female flight attendant, responsible for attending to the needs of passengers on an aircraft
- A stewardess is a female flight attendant who helps passengers on an airplane.
- Stewardesses assist travelers during flights.
- Stewardesses make sure passengers are comfortable.
- The stewardess greeted passengers with a warm smile as they boarded the plane.
- Stewardesses provided in-flight services and ensured passenger comfort.
- She enjoyed her role as a stewardess, traveling to different destinations.
a female child in relation to her parents
- A daughter is a female child of parents.
- Daughters bring joy and love to their families.
- Parents protect and care for their daughters.
- The daughter looked up to her mother as a role model and mentor.
- Family values and traditions were passed down from mother to daughter.
- He felt immense pride watching his daughter graduate from college.
a male parent in relation to his children
- A father is a male parent.
- Fathers provide guidance and support to their children.
- Fathers are often seen as protectors.
- The father played catch with his children in the backyard.
- Fatherhood brought joy and responsibilities, shaping his life profoundly.
- She cherished the loving guidance and support of her father.
a deity or divine being often worshiped and revered in religious beliefs
- A god is a powerful and supernatural being worshipped by some people.
- Gods are central figures in various religions and mythologies.
- People pray to gods for guidance and blessings.
- The god of thunder was a powerful figure in mythology.
- Gods and goddesses were central to the religious practices of ancient civilizations.
- He studied the myths and legends featuring various gods and their stories.
a female deity often associated with qualities such as wisdom, beauty, and fertility
- A goddess is a female deity often associated with love, beauty, or nature.
- Goddesses appear in myths and legends from different cultures.
- Aphrodite is a famous goddess of love.
- The goddess of love and beauty was a symbol of grace and elegance.
- Goddesses were revered in cultures that honored feminine divinity.
- She adorned her altar with offerings to the goddess of the harvest.
an individual admired for their courage, noble qualities, and outstanding achievements
- A hero is a person admired for their courage and noble actions.
- Heroes often save others from danger or injustice.
- Superheroes are modern examples of heroes.
- The hero's bravery in the face of danger inspired others to act courageously.
- Heroes often emerged from challenging situations as symbols of hope.
- He considered his grandfather a hero for his wartime service.
a female hero or main character known for her bravery and exceptional qualities
- A heroine is a female hero admired for her bravery and strength.
- Heroines are protagonists in many stories and legends.
- Hermione Granger from 'Harry Potter' is a famous heroine.
- The novel's heroine defied expectations and challenged societal norms.
- Heroines in literature often represented strength and resilience.
- She identified with the fierce and determined heroine in the story.
a male monarch who rules a kingdom or realm
- A king is a male ruler of a kingdom or country.
- Kings have authority and responsibilities to govern their lands.
- Kings often have crowns as symbols of their rule.
- The king's coronation ceremony was a grand and regal affair.
- Kings held immense power and authority over their subjects.
- He admired the leadership and wisdom of the wise old king.
a female parent in relation to her children
- A mother is a female parent who cares for and nurtures her children.
- Mothers provide love and support to their families.
- Mothers are often seen as caregivers.
- The mother nurtured her children with love and care.
- Motherhood brought joy, challenges, and countless precious moments.
- She looked up to her own mother as a source of guidance and wisdom.
a colorful and majestic bird known for its vibrant plumage, often associated with beauty and pride
- A peacock is a colorful bird known for its beautiful feathers.
- Peacocks display their feathers to attract mates.
- Peacock feathers are used for decoration.
- The peacock displayed its stunning feathers in a vibrant fan.
- Peacocks were symbols of elegance and grace in mythology.
- He marveled at the iridescent beauty of the peacock's tail.
a female peacock, often less colorful than the male but equally graceful
- A peahen is a female peacock.
- Peahens are not as colorful as peacocks.
- Peahens lay eggs and care for their young.
- The peahen roamed the garden with her brood of chicks.
- Peahens played a vital role in caring for and protecting their young.
- She admired the subtle beauty and nurturing instincts of the peahen.
a male royal heir, often in line for the throne, or the son of a king or queen
- A prince is a male member of a royal family.
- Princes often have titles and responsibilities in a monarchy.
- Prince Charming is a common fairy tale character.
- The prince's education included lessons in diplomacy and leadership.
- Princes were expected to carry on the traditions and duties of royalty.
- He felt the weight of responsibility as the crown prince of the kingdom.
a female royal heir, often in line for the throne, or the daughter of a king or queen
- A princess is a female member of a royal family.
- Princesses may live in castles and have royal duties.
- Cinderella is a well-known princess from folklore.
- The princess attended royal balls and engagements with grace and elegance.
- Princesses often faced expectations and pressures of royal life.
- She embraced her role as the beloved princess of the realm.
a female monarch who rules a kingdom or realm, often the wife or widow of a king
- A queen is a female ruler of a kingdom or country.
- Queens hold positions of power and authority.
- Queen Elizabeth II is a famous modern queen.
- The queen's reign was marked by diplomacy and cultural growth.
- Queens wielded power and influence in their own right.
- She admired the strength and resilience of the historic queen.
a male chicken known for its distinctive crowing, often associated with morning and dawn
- A rooster is a male chicken known for its crowing.
- Roosters signal the beginning of the day with their crowing.
- Roosters are often kept on farms for their meat and eggs.
- The rooster's crow signaled the start of a new day on the farm.
- Roosters were symbols of vitality and awakening in various cultures.
- He woke up to the cheerful crowing of the rooster at sunrise.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?